1. Ideally, entrance in to the temple for the darshan (new glimpse of the Lord) is made after a holy dip in the "Rudra theertham" (temple pond), and in the same wet clothes while querying up for the darshan, devotees are to maintain strict discipline and be careful about their ornaments and purses. They are not to stand on the belikkallu (Altar).
2. Wearing shirts, trousers, vests, pyjamas, lungis (printed dhotis), footwear etc. is forbidden. Hence ladies can wear saris and skirts and blouses, Churidars while the men can wear plain white or cream dhoti.
3. Possessions like Mobilephones, cameras, video cameras, tape-recorders etc. cannot be taken into the temple
4. One should be careful not to spit or vomit in the temple. Very small children should not be taken inside. Those who are dirtying the temple will have to pay for the 'Punyaha' or purification ceremony.
5. Begging inside the temple is forbidden.
6. Newly married couples are not allowed inside the temple, soon after the marriage ceremony.
7. Having browsed earlier on the glory of the Lord, the shrine at Guruvayur would surely be on your itinerary, the next time you plan your holiday. And when you do come, remember to adhere to these etiquettes.
About Queue System
1. If you're a senior citizen, join the special line Inside the temple.
Dharshan Timings for Senior citizen : 5.30 AM to 8 AM & 4.30 Pm to 6.00 PM
2. If you pay Rs.4500 for Ghee Lamp in Sreekovil, 5 people can directly enter to temple.
3. There are two levels of entrance to the temple. The first level takes you to the outer of main Sreekovil and the second level takes you inside the Sreekovil to get closer darshan.
4. If you are not in a position to get inside the temple, then still you can get glimpse of lord krishna out side the temple just standing besides auditorium which is at a better height allowing you to see Lord Krishna from that far distance.
5. If you pay Rs.1000 for Ghee Lamp in Sreekovil, you (One Person) can directly enter to temple.