Pooja Timings in Guruvayur Temple
THE TEMPLE OPENS AT 3.00 AM
3.00am to 3.30am : Nirmalyam
3.20am to 3.30am : Oilabhishekam, Vakacharthu, Sankhabhishekam
3.30am to 4.15am : Malar Nivedyam, Alankaram
4.15am to 4.30am : Usha Nivedyam
4.30am to 6.15am : Ethirettu pooja followed by Usha pooja
7.15am to 9.00am : Seeveli,Palabhishekam,Navakabhishekam, Pantheeradi Nivedyam, and Pooja
11.30am to 12.30pm : Ucha pooja (the noon pooja)
TEMPLE WILL BE CLOSED BETWEEN 1.30PM AND 4.30PM AND REOPENS AT 4.30 PM
4.30pm to 5.00pm : Seeveli
6.00pm to 6.45pm : Deeparadhana
7.30pm to 7.45pm : Athazha pooja Nivedyam
7.45pm to 8.15pm : Athazha pooja
8.45pm to 9.00pm : Athazha seeveli
9.00pm to 9.15pm : Thrippuka, Olavayana
9.15pm : The Sreekovil will be closed. On the day of Special Illuminations called "Vilakku" the Thripuka is performed after that. The Sreekovil will be closed after Thripuka. Then the Krishnanattam, a colourful traditional dance-drama on Lord Krishna's life is enacted inside the Temple on specified days.
*The timings given are approximate. It may vary if there is Udayasthamana pooja or on certain special occasions.
About Queue System
1. If you're a senior citizen, join the special line Inside the temple.
Dharshan Timings for Senior citizen : 5.30 AM to 8 AM & 4.30 Pm to 6.00 PM
2. If you pay Rs.4500 for Ghee Lamp in Sreekovil, 5 people can directly enter to temple.
3. There are two levels of entrance to the temple. The first level takes you to the outer of main Sreekovil and the second level takes you inside the Sreekovil to get closer darshan.
4. If you are not in a position to get inside the temple, then still you can get glimpse of lord krishna out side the temple just standing besides auditorium which is at a better height allowing you to see Lord Krishna from that far distance.
5. If you pay Rs.1000 for Ghee Lamp in Sreekovil, you (One Person) can directly enter to temple.